Thursday, March 10, 2016

Trader Joe's Foaming Hand Soap--Botanical Bounty


Special note: This is Day Five of Coconut Week, a full week of reviews of Trader Joe's coconut-based products. The back of the package here explains that the surfactants used are derived from coconut oil. 


I like the smell of this--lightly floral. And the dispensing mechanism works smoothly and reliably, which isn't always the case with liquid soaps.

However:
  • I actually prefer hand soap to be unscented. 
  • They lie about the dosing; they suggest two pumps, when one is plenty. 
  • It doesn't rinse off as easily as it should. 
  • It's way more expensive than my usual product, which is SoftSoap with aloe vera. 
  • There are no refills available, so to keep using the same product, you have to throw away the bottle and buy a new one every time. 
Therefore...


Will I buy it again? 

No.

1 comment:

  1. Well, if nothing else, you probably changed the product's demographic profile -- increasing the number of men who've bought it from zero to 1.

    (Have I ever told that if I were to remake "The Graduate," I would change "Plastics" to "Packaging"? Well, I would. The modern world, in every realm, is much more about packaging than plastics.)

    ReplyDelete