Monday, March 28, 2016

Trader Joe's Pineapple Salsa



Nina bought this. I've had it at her house a couple of times.

It's not bad, but it falls far short of my favorite so far, which is TJ's Fall Harvest Salsa. Even though pineapple is the second listed ingredient, after tomatoes, I get very little pineapple flavor. It conveys a general sweetness that I think is actually excessive. And it's too chunky; I prefer things more finely minced.


Will I buy it again? 

It's not terrible by any means--but no.


Nina's View

I bought this with Bob in mind, thinking salsa + sweet = winnar! But no. FAIL. I think it's tasty enough, but the last third of the jar has been sitting in my refrigerator for a month, and I think that tells us all we need to know. Farewell, adieu, aufwiedersehn, good-bye Pineapple Salsa!

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't a huge fan of this salsa on it's own either. I used the rest of the jar to pour over some grilled pork chops and it was pretty good.

    However, both this and the peach salsa have become a staple in my home as we use it over vanilla ice cream. So good.

    ReplyDelete