Saturday, March 26, 2016

Trader Joe's Wood Fired Naples Style Uncured Pepperoni Pizza



This is a brand-new item at Trader Joe's; see the company's introduction to it here. $4.99.

I loved this. It's right up there with this one as my favorite pizzas from Trader Joe's, and definitely better than my previous go-to choice, the Deep Dish Pepperoni.

This is the point in the review at which I'm supposed to tell you exactly why it was outstanding. I can't. A few times while eating it I thought, "I should slow down and figure out exactly what tastes so good here. The crust? The sauce? The cheese? The pepperoni?" But then that thought would pass as quickly as it came, and I resumed making it disappear as fast as I could shove it in my face. As a result, I'm left with the inarticulate but firm opinion that this is about as good as frozen pizza gets.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes, although here I run into the problem of my desire to have very little beef and pork in my diet. I can tell myself that there's such tiny amounts of pork here that it makes no meaningful difference--unlike eating, say, bacon or pork chops. But that's obviously more rationalization than rational. We'll see how it plays out over time. Maybe I'll make the sacrifice to go with only meatless pizzas. But when and if it's pepperoni, this is to be the choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment