Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Trader Joe's Bunny Gummy Tummies & Friends



When I picked up this package, I figured that my review would say, "These are just like Gummy Tummies Penguins, except in Easter shapes," and that would be the end of it.

I was wrong. They're very different. They're similar only in that they have a little squirt of liquid in the center. But the texture is stiffer. The flavors are different, more vivid, more distinctly fruity. And that squirt of liquid in the center is a sharply sour version of the four flavors of the gummy part, making for a pleasing, interesting contrast.

Even Nina, who doesn't generally eat candy, took to them. Well, at least she did right up until the point that I wondered why they didn't have the vegan "V" symbol on the package, read the ingredients, and found "animal gelatin" listed. Oops.


Will I buy it again? 

Probably not, simply because I still prefer my staple candies. But they're quite good--probably better than you're guessing.

1 comment:

  1. That’s really annoying they used animal gelatin! So many other TJs gummies don’t, and clearly it isn’t necessary.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete