Friday, March 2, 2018

Trader Joe's Organic Rainbow Cauliflower



Nina served this with dinner recently. The florets come in yellow, green, and purple--just like the rainbow cauliflower heads TJ's used to sell. (I haven't seen them in quite a while.) Otherwise, they're just like regular cauliflower, in taste, texture, etc.


Will I buy it again? 

Probably not. I eat a lot of fresh cauliflower, so I'm buying it regularly--which means I don't need to have it frozen to have on hand for occasional use. However, I might be tempted some day to make a dinner with this, Colorful Carrot Coins, and Roasted Rainbow Potatoes just to blow my guests' minds.

2 comments:

  1. How was the color after cooking? I’m thinking roasting would be best to keep the color but i kinda really hate frozen cauliflower and i’m not sure you can roast it...?
    Hopefully they do bring back the whole heads of orange cauliflower, though it tastes the same it’s still kinda fun and it’s silly expensive at whole foods or the farmers market
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly not as bright as the package photo indicates. I guess I'd say sort of dull, but still recognizable.

      Delete