Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Trader Joe's Asparagus Risotto



The big win here is that I did not hate it, as I do most things containing asparagus. In fact, I found it rather pleasant in both flavor and texture. And it takes no work at all to prepare--freezer to microwave to table in mere minutes.


Will I buy it again? 

Probably not for myself, simply because I get plenty of rice already without it. But it would be among my choices for dinner guests. What's more, Nina liked it even more than I did, and I hereby give her permission to serve it when it's her turn to make dinner, without worrying that I will reject it.

1 comment:

  1. I loooove asparagus- but only fresh. When frozen (or god forbid canned! Iiick) the texture and flavor are nothing like the firm grassy fresh stuff. But apparently that works for you! I’m a fan of the box of “10 min risotto” so i can add in whatever veggies are in my fridge trying to die.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete