Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Trader Joe's Dutch Gouda




I liked this. It's a nice, normal Gouda. In both texture and flavor, it steers a middle course between the unusually creamy and mild Double Cream Gouda and the unusually hard and intense 1,000 Day Gouda.

I still had some of the latter on hand when I brought this one home, so I tried them side by side last night. It's hard to believe that one name, Gouda, can describe them both. They're so completely different that it doesn't seem to make sense to consider them in the same family.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes, once in a while. Overall, I have a fairly strong preference for my Gouda to be smoked, as in this one, or this one. But when I feel like having a non-smoked version, it will be a toss-up between the Double Cream, the Goat's Milk Gouda, and this.

No comments:

Post a Comment