Friday, September 21, 2018

Point Reyes Toma Cheese


This is the current "spotlight" cheese at my local Trader Joe's. I think these are usually coordinated nationally, not store by store, so I assume it will be available everywhere--but only briefly.

I had never heard of Toma cheese before. I found it very pleasant--mild but flavorful, buttery, a little grassy. It slices easily and goes nicely with crackers (though I gather from the linked article that that's not its preferred usage).


Will I buy it again? 

I would, if it were going to be available--but I think it won't be.

1 comment:

  1. Nice timing- i need to bring snacky appetizers to a gathering this weekend and will be at the store tomorrow, i’ll look for this for the cheese eaters. Your link suggests it’s good with figs and basalmic which is perfect since I’m planning to bring some roasted figs with basalmic and black pepper
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete