Thursday, September 20, 2018

Trader Joe's Apple Cider Scent Foaming Hand Soap


For a large number of Trader Joe's hand soaps, I've written basically the same thing: It's nice enough, but I don't really want or need my soap to smell like X, so I'll stick to my good ol' unscented Softsoap dispenser. I've always finished using the container anyway, since I had already paid for it and wouldn't want it to go to waste.

Not so this time. This stuff is awful. I've never known hand soap of any brand to be this potently smelly. Diluted, and in isolation or in some other context, it might be a pleasant aroma. And it is reminiscent of apple cider, as the name implies. But it's about 10 times too intense. Immediately after using it, the residue left on my hands is overpowering, gaggarific. Even hours later, I can still catch a whiff of it and wonder where that smell is coming from, before I remember.


Will I buy it again? 

No. It's the first hand soap I've bought from Trader Joe's that's going back for a refund. I can't stand to keep using it.


ADDENDUM: 

Immediately after I did my usual Twitter post with a link to this review, I scrolled down a bit and found this tweet, so, as always, YMMV:


5 comments:

  1. I'm with the other guy. This stuff smells amazing enough to want to eat. I love how the scent lingers hours later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omfg, what is wrong with people?!??
    Just, no.
    Soap should smell like motherloving soap. Not flowers, not toxic industrial cleaners, not like fruit salad. Think original Dial, or the “crisp clean” foaming antibacterial from softsoap.
    I object to this product on so many levels!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, who ever claims that this soap is not good, they may have a little brain

    ReplyDelete