Sunday, November 15, 2015

Trader Joe's Sriracha Potato Chips



Brand-new item; the company has not yet posted information about it.

These are the hottest potato chips I've ever eaten. I think they're a couple of notches up the scale from the ghost pepper chips. For me, that's a deal-breaker. The ghost pepper chips were at the top of the heat scale for me, in terms of what I think works in a potato chip. These sriracha chips are hot enough that I eat one or two, then have to take a break, or even drink or eat something else to dehottify my mouth before there's any chance of enjoying more. I do like the flavor--but I would like it much more if the heat weren't such a seriously limiting factor.

Will I buy it again? 

No. Pass me the ghost pepper chips, please.


Nina's View

There is only one true sriracha sauce: Huy Fong Rooster Sauce. Call me a corporate shill if you must, but that's just the truth of it. These chips do not taste like Rooster Sauce. They are too vinegary. They lack garlic and sweetness. They are just not right.

Away with you, faux sriracha pretenders! Your hotness is not sexy because your flavor is lacking.


No comments:

Post a Comment