Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Trader Joe's Organic White Corn Tortilla Chips



Trader Joe's has so many different varieties of tortilla chips that I honestly can't keep them straight in my brain. I grabbed this one not sure if I had previously bought and reviewed it. Turns out that I haven't. But looking over my list of posts, it's not hard to understand my confusion. I have, after all, reviewed Trader Joe's Unsalted Organic White Corn Tortilla Chips, TJ's Salted Tortilla Chips, TJ's Restaurant Style White Corn Tortilla Chips, TJ's Reduced Guilt White Corn Tortilla Chips, TJ's Longboards Organic Tortilla Chips, and TJ's Organic Yellow Corn Tortilla Chip Rounds. And that's just the "normal" lineup of chips--meaning white or yellow corn tortilla chips. Then there are the blue corn ones, the multigrain ones, the ones with quinoa and amarinth, the ones with flax and/or soy added, the ones made from sweet potatoes or pumpkins, etc.

I say it again: TRADER JOE'S HAS TOO MANY KINDS OF TORTILLA CHIPS! NOBODY NEEDS SO MANY SIMILAR PRODUCTS!

Anyway.

I thought these had superior corn taste. They were considerably saltier than most TJ's tortilla chips, which is a good thing, though I realize this may be just batch-to-batch variation. They are also thinner than most. That gives them a delicate crunch, which is delightful to chew on, but a little fragile for scooping up dense hummus, which is what I mostly use them for.

They're a good choice overall--if you can manage to remember the exact combination of words to look for on the label.

Will I buy it again? 

Undoubtedly--and I will probably be just as confused the next time about whether I've had them before as I was this time.

3 comments:

  1. As for this: "NOBODY NEEDS SO MANY SIMILAR PRODUCTS!"

    Well, maybe you don't -- but apparently, Trader Joe's does.

    Seriously: What does Trader's Joe fail to sell that you wish they would, if they pared down the Chips Section?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, you are SO right!! The tortilla chip section is just baffling. I usually go for the sweet potato tortilla chips since they're sturdy for dips yet great as is too. And I remember which bag it is :))
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is funny, because regular grocery stores have WAY more selection, which is why I typically like shopping at TJ's. I don't like having so many options =P But I agree, and have thought it myself while shopping, that there are way too many chip options there ;-)

    ReplyDelete