Friday, November 13, 2015

Trader Joe's Unfiltered Cranberry



I didn't hold out much hope for this product, given what we have learned to recognize as ominous words on the label: "flavored," "juice blend," and "from concentrates."

But it turned out to be OK. It distinguishes itself primarily by the use of cranberry puree. That makes it physically thicker than most cranberry juice blends, which somehow makes it feel more substantial. Maybe it's just an illusion, but I liked it.

As with most TJ's juice blends, they tip the recipe too heavily in favor of the white grape juice that is used as a sweetener. I would prefer more cranberry, less grape; more tart, less sweet. But I can live with it as is.

I haven't served it to Nina, and I won't, because I know that with one sip she would reject it for being overly sweet.

Will I buy it again? 

Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment