Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Trader Joe's Fat Free Pizza Sauce



This was perfectly decent pizza sauce--right up the middle of what you'd expect, with no surprises. Not too sweet, not too salty, not too spicy, not too chunky. It's been a couple of years since I had Trader Joe's refrigerated pizza sauce, but my memory of it is about the same this stuff, and this has the added advantage of shelf stability. I'd kind of like to try them side by side, but I never make enough pizza to justify having both open at one, as about half of each would end up wasted.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes.

3 comments:

  1. Living alone I similar issues with jars of sauce but leftovers freeze well after opening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The refridgerated one is a bit more chunky- i think freezing it would a bad idea because of the fresh tomato chunks.
    I liked this version fine, i just added the rest of the jar to some veggie soup i made a few days later. Generally i prefer pesto instead since my toppings are all veggies no cheese (melty good vegan cheese is kind of a lost cau$e....)
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made mini pizza on English muffins with Trader Joe’s lite mozzarella cheese and this sauce. It was delicious.

    ReplyDelete