Saturday, October 4, 2014

Haul videos

I have just become aware of the phenomenon of Trader Joe's "haul" videos. I won't link to any, but just Google "Trader Joe's haul" and you'll see what I mean. These are just YouTube videos of incredibly annoying people pulling items out of their TJ's bags, holding them up to the camera, and explaining why they bought each thing. They go on for 5, 10, 15, even 20 minutes. There are HUNDREDS of these things, and they each have HUNDREDS or even THOUSANDS of views.

My mind is blown. Who are these people? Why do they make these videos? Why are there so many of them? Who watches them? I couldn't make it all the way through any one of half a dozen that I sampled; the combination of tedium and annoyance was just too high.

You humans continue to baffle me.

No comments:

Post a Comment