Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Trader Joe's Maple Leaf Cookies



I liked the picture of the cookie on the box. I was worried, however, as soon as I cut open the package, because the fragrance that wafted out was very heavily maple, and I thought it was going to be way too much. I think maple works best as a light, sort of background flavor, not as the star of the show.

But I was pleasantly surprised; the smell is deceptive. These mostly taste like high-quality vanilla sandwich cookies with just a touch of maple, which is probably how they should be. I liked them enough to eat three--and then three more. Just for purposes of doing a thorough analysis for my readers, of course.

Will I buy it again? 

They're pretty good, but maple still isn't among my favorite flavors--so probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment