Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Trader Joe's Pumpkin Rolls With Pumpkin Spice Icing



Look, I love Trader Joe's Jumbo Cinnamon Rolls as much as anybody can. So I had high hopes for this seasonal version. Those hopes were only heightened by the apparent popularity of this item; I had to make four trips to the Asheville TJ's before I found any in the marked slot in the refrigerated case.

I was sorely disappointed.



The packaging, preparation instructions, textures, etc., are exactly the same as for the cinnamon rolls--no surprise there, as they are clearly made by the same manufacturer using the same basic dough, just different flavorings. But the taste? It's just off. I don't get "pumpkin" at all. I get some weird artificial vaguely vegetabley but overly sweetened flavor.

From the fact that I ate three of them, you can infer that they're not so awful as to be completely inedible. From the fact that I threw away the last two, you can infer that they're not good enough to be worth buying.

Will I buy it again? 

TJ's has several pumpkin items that I think are good enough to enjoy as a once-a-year novelty treat. This is not one of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment