Sunday, October 26, 2014

Trader Joe's Ode To The Classic Potato Chip




These are good potato chips. Not great, but good. They are comparable to Lay's--large, light, delicate, not too oily. I have come to prefer kettle-cooked varieties, especially Cape Cod brand. But if I were out of chips and happened to be at TJ's before another grocery store, I would happily put another bag of these in my basket, and happily devour it over the next several days.

Will I buy it again? 

Yes.


Nina’s View

These are the chips that come with the kid’s meal at restaurants. While clearly made of potatoes, they have only the merest whiff of potato on the palate. They are the briefest of crispiness, followed by a slim slick of oil, a tiny tang of salt, and then they are gone.

If you like the sound of that, you’ll love these.

Like Bob, however, I prefer a kettle-cooked style of chip—something with a little more potatoey heft to it. A chip that has the feel of food.


Update

It's been more than a year since that post was published, and I find that I like these chips more each time I buy them. So I buy them a lot. I do still like the kettle-cooked kind even better, but I have these around often enough that it's safe to call them one of my staple items.


No comments:

Post a Comment