Sunday, January 18, 2015

Trader Joe's Banana Chips



I had never had dried bananas before picking up this bag at TJ's. In fact, I had never even heard of such a thing existing. Still, it wasn't hard to guess that I would like them.

I did--but not nearly as much as I enjoy eating a ripe banana. So I would limit these for use in situations where carrying a banana or two isn't practical. I bought them for that long trip I keep talking about, where I needed to have several days' worth of lunch and snack foods available. For that, they were great.

Will I buy it again?

Sure, if an appropriate occasion arises again. But unlike many other forms of dried fruit (raisins, dried apricots), I wouldn't buy them just to snack on at home. I'd buy bananas.

3 comments:

  1. Are you still doing a weekly TJ's news roundup? Usually you put that out on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete