Monday, January 19, 2015

Trader Joe's Smooth And Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus



As explained previously, my experience with hummus is extremely limited. But I liked this stuff. For more than a week now, I've been eating it every day with lunch, using various chips to dip into it. I have a hard time describing it, because I have no mental database of other hummus against which to compare it.

This is where we cue Nina....

Will I buy it again? 

Maybe. I liked it. But I liked even better a non-TJ's lemon hummus that Nina served recently. That, plus the limited selection of hummus at TJ's, makes me suspect that there is more and better stuff in other stores. If I find that there's something I like better, I might not come back to this particular product.


Nina's View

This is a decent roasted red pepper hummus. Which is to say, it'll do.

But so far I have not had a TJ's hummus that I've liked better than those available at my local supermarket. They all taste like they've been blandified, or adulterated with non-hummusy substances.

No comments:

Post a Comment