Sunday, January 11, 2015

Trader Joe's Organic Peppermints



If you like your peppermints mild--like, say, in Life Savers or Mentos--so that you can eat a whole pack of them at once, do not buy Trader Joe's Organic Peppermints. I think that eating a whole package of these would kill you.

OK, maybe not actual death, with the coroner and a funeral and gravestone. But it would surely have some sort of adverse effect. Because these things are really, really strong. They're in the same ballpark as Altoids. After one, I'm saying, "Wow!" After about three, my mouth is begging for mercy: "Please, good sir, no more!"

Don't take that as a put-down. It's not. I like them. But they are blow-me-down strong, and thus must be meted out slowly and carefully.

Will I buy it again? 

The current pack will last a long time, and it's not often that I get a craving for mints this powerful, but when the urge strikes me again, yes, I'll happily satisfy it with another little tin of these babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment