Saturday, January 31, 2015

Trader Joe's Organic Pasta--Spaghetti


If it's pasta (which this is), and it's made from durum wheat semolina (which this is), I'm unlikely to be able to distinguish it from any other similar product. This one predictably exhibited that same characteristic. Even in a side-by-side taste test, I doubt that I could tell any of them from any others.

Will I buy it again? 

As with all such commodities, it's purely a matter of cost and convenience.


Nina's View 

Some day I'd like to do a blind taste-test of pastas, just to see whether there's any meaningful difference for me. I *think* there is, but I can't be sure. Such a test would probably require just butter and salt on the noodles, because the addition of just about any sort of sauce would make the comparison very difficult indeed.

The critical point with pasta is that it be cooked correctly. Bob cooked this batch correctly, which made it very palatable indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment