Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Trader Joe's Apricot Preserves Made With Fresh Apricots



I love apricots. My first love for them came in the form of apricot nectar when I was a child, followed by dried apricots when I was a teenager. But I'm not sure I've ever had apricot preserves before this.

I certainly liked it, but just not as much as any of the red jams and preserves: strawberry, raspberry, cherry. There is no rational reason for this, just a matter of personal preference. However, this stuff gets props for being clearly authentic, with hunks of apricot generously embedded throughout. And unlike the cherry preserves, which was the first of the new TJ's line I tried, the pieces are not so big as to make it difficult to spread properly.

Will I buy it again? 

I don't think it will be a staple like the red berry versions, but yes, once in a while for something a little different on my toast, it's perfectly lovely.


2 comments:

  1. Not that you need to know what I think, but ... I think it's very, very strange that a guy who loves apricots would never have tried apricot preserves! What were you (not) thinking, man?

    Do they still sell apricot nectar? I drank a lot of it as a boy.

    P.S. Nina will thank you for not eating too many of those dried apricots at one sitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love apricots. We had 3 or 4 apricot trees when I was a kid, and they're fantastic climbing trees. I remember sitting on a branch of one of the trees just feasting on apricots. I've loved them ever since.

    We recently bought a jar at TJs, but it had no solids in it! I dug around with my knife looking for hunks of apricot but there weren't any! It was like it was pureed sweetened baby food.

    ReplyDelete