Thursday, January 1, 2015

Trader Joe's Organic Fruit Wraps



Fruit wraps aren't usually my choice of snack, but these were sitting in a display near the checkout, so I did the impulse-purchase thing, just as the dastardly store planners had hoped I would do.

I didn't think the apple-banana flavor combo worked. It wasn't exactly nasty, but something that I can't quite put my finger on was off-putting.

But the trio was redeemed by the apple-raspberry (by definition, anything with raspberry in it is good) and the apple-strawberry. Both very tasty.

However, I'm still not a big fan of the whole genre. I still find the texture to be kinda of weirdly indeterminate--sort of jelly-like, but not quite, but also not really a solid. I used to like fruit roll-ups, though I haven't bought any in ages. I don't even know if they're still made. I liked that they were a thin yet substantial and chewy layer. That was a pleasing texture. These fruit wraps are, I dunno, kinda sticky-gummy-soft in a not particularly pleasant way.

Nice taste, not nice texture. My feelings about these items are precisely why we have the word "meh."

Will I buy it again? 

Maybe someday, if the impulse hits me. But I can't see them ever climbing above the lower rungs of acceptability in my snack-preference ladder.

No comments:

Post a Comment