Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Caramallows



We are now up to Day 3 of CHOCOLATE WEEK--seven days of reviews of TJ's chocolaty goodness. 



Yes, this is a seasonal Christmas product. Yes, I know it's July. But I bought so many seasonal sweets in their narrow window of availability that it took me a long time to get around to eating the last of them. Not until July, exactly, but until February. At that point, there was no reason to expedite publication, as I usually try to do for seasonal items, so this post went into the nearly five-month queue.

But frankly, if you didn't pick up your own box of Caramallows due to my dawdling, you're not missing much. I found these to be entirely unremarkable and forgettable. Chocolate, marshmallow, and caramel ought to come together to make something special, but no such magic happens here.

Will I buy it again? 

Nope. Come December, I'll move on to some of the other luscious-looking things I passed on last year.


Nina's View

I liked these—they're sort of smore-ish. Bob refrigerates all chocolaty items, which makes things like this become dense and chewy and have much less flavor. At room temperature they are a nice texture and flavor.


2 comments:

  1. I totally disagree. I waited for these again this year only to find out they have a 14 count box of flavored caramels covered in chocolate. I want these back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with anonymous. I've been waiting all year for these and am extremely disappointed that they do not have them this year. They should be available all year!!

    ReplyDelete