Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Trader Joe's Smooth And Creamy Cilantro And Jalapeno Hummus



Photo by Nina.

I had passed on buying this myself several times, suspecting that I would not like either the cilantro or the jalapeno. But Nina bought it and served it to me with dinner, so I could try it in a low-risk situation.

My suspicions were correct. The hummus itself was OK, though nothing special. But if I scooped up with it more than a minuscule amount of the central clump of green seasoning, it was too much for me. And it seemed like heat without much added flavor--unlike my favorite hummus, which is a strange but wonderful mango-sriracha combination.

Will I buy it again? 

That's the question I pose every day, but here it is inapposite, since I didn't buy this hummus in the first place, and, in fact, passed it by. But the answer is no.


Nina's view 

This is tangy and a little spicy and pleasantly green-tasting. I think I like it best of all the TJ's hummus I've tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment