Thursday, July 30, 2015

Trader Joe's Organic Hummus



For plain hummus, this is pretty good. However, I admit that I have become enamored with nontraditional forms--lemon, chipotle, sriracha, black bean, etc. So I would deem this stuff perfectly decent, but boring. If you're looking for traditional hummus for some situation where you don't want something more adventurous, this will work just fine.

Will I buy it again? 

Probably not--but that's because my preferences lie elsewhere, not because there's anything wrong with it.


Update 

I did buy it again after this, because I really wanted some hummus, was already at TJ's, and didn't want to make another stop. I liked it even better the second time. It is now unquestionably my favorite of all the varieties of TJ's hummus I've had. It's not quite as tangy with lemon as Cedars Zesty Lemon, which Nina and I both think is superb, but it gets close. Will definitely buy again.

2 comments:

  1. Question - when you say it comes close to Cedars Lemon hummus, are you saying that TJ's Original Hummus has a noticeable tangy lemon flavor (which would be a plus for me, and an incentive to try it)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assuming you meant to say "organic" instead of "original" there, then yes.

    ReplyDelete