Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Trader Joe's Smooth And Creamy Spicy Hummus



I am becoming a fan of hummus. This is a recent phenomenon. Last week, I ate a tub of TJ's red pepper hummus in two sittings.

But that's not happening with this version. Something about it immediately put me off. I have a hunch it's the cilantro, partly because I also suspected the cilantro dressing to be what made me dislike an otherwise enjoyable salad. Maybe cilantro just isn't for me. Or maybe it was the jalapeno pepper. I'm really not sure.

Will I buy it again? 

Not this one, though I like others in TJ's line of flavored hummus.


Nina's View

Would eat again. But Bob seems to like mixing in the flavorings into ALL the hummus from the get go, and I prefer to snag a little bit of it, unblended, along with the plain hummus. It makes for a more interesting flavor experience, in my opinion.

Don't blend the things! They have more of a conversation with one another, flavor-wise, when they sit side by side on the tongue.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/06/25/if-hate-cilantro-blame-it-on-your-genes/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trader joes SPICY HUMMUS was the best imo hummus they sold ,,,,,,,,,,,,,Please bring it back trader joes

    ReplyDelete