Sunday, July 5, 2015

Trader Joe's Raw Milk Le Gruyere Switzerland Cheese


We're doing another themed week: DAIRY WEEK! Here's the Day 1 entry: 



I don't think I've ever had straight Gruyere cheese before. But Trader Joe's cheddar/Gruyere melange is my favorite cheese of all time, so it's no surprise that I like the Gruyere all by itself, too. Distinct, mild flavor, easy to slice, doesn't crumble. It's just first-rate on all counts. I think it's still a notch behind the melange, but it's on my list of favorite cheeses.

Will I buy it again? 

Eagerly.

3 comments:

  1. Cheese fondue, sir. You're way overdue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would rather try that gruyere in a fantastic onion soup or a "potatoe Gratin"

    ReplyDelete
  3. i meant don't really like the melange, just the gruyere by itself is much better

    ReplyDelete