Saturday, July 4, 2015

Trader Joe's Organic Ketchup



On one level, ketchup is ketchup. If I'm not paying attention, I can pour some on a burger and not care much what the label on the container says.

But when I do pay attention, I notice substantial differences, primarily in the sweetness and saltiness. And that leads me to have strong opinions. All of my adult life, my favorite has been Del Monte, though it's the hardest of the national brands to find in stores. Hunt's is my runner-up, with the ubiquitous Heinz lagging far behind.

Well, all that is now history. Trader Joe's version is, I think, better than them all. It's not so astounding or revelatory that I can make it a Top Ten item, but it's exactly right--thick and rich in tomato taste. It's quite sweet (which I like) without being over the top.

So another tiny lifetime habit changes, and this becomes what I will buy from now on.

Will I buy it again? 

Didn't you hear what I just said?

3 comments:

  1. Did I hear what you just said? What I heard was a mealy-mouth non-denial denial (or a non-affirming affirmance) worthy of a presidential candidate. This ketchup might be "better than them all" and "exactly right", but that's not the same as committing to the product. So, good sir, please answer the answer the question: Will you buy this ketchup again?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mistakes were made in the inartful drafting of that post by somebody.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you're Ready for Hillary.

    ReplyDelete