Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Trader Joe's Les Salades Du Midi Butter Lettuce & Radicchio



This is the same as TJ's Butter Lettuce, but with radicchio thrown in, which has the salutary effect of adding both color and extra crunchiness. For that reason, I think I will generally prefer it over the single-ingredient butter lettuce. As with the spinach discussed yesterday, this stuff was looking, feeling, and tasting as fresh on the eighth day as on the first, which is, in my experience, a rare feat for something that is not laced with preservatives.

Will I buy it again? 

Yep. It's a solid basis for a salad.


Addendum

I have bought this many times since writing the above. In fact, I buy it nearly every week. I mix it with a bag of TJ's "Power to the Greens" (a mix of baby spinach, baby kale, and baby chard), added some sliced or shredded carrots, and that's my salad for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment