Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Trader Joe's Pita Chips With Sea Salt



These chips are a little dry, as you might infer from the boast that they have 50% less fat than potato chips. They definitely have more of a bready flavor than potato chips. They are really substantial--thick and strong, easily able to stand up to the densest hummus or other dip you might want to scoop up with them.

EDIT: I have bought them again since writing that and found it not to be true. In fact, they consistently and annoying broke off in the dense hummus that I like. I suspect this was batch-to-batch variation in the thickness of the chips. With only those two samples, I don't know which was the norm and which the anomaly.

I liked them. They'll never replace potato chips as the mainstay for snacking, or tortilla chips as the mainstay for dipping, but they're a nice change of pace. I do wish the package were bigger, though.

Will I buy it again? 

Yes--and there are other pita chip variants at TJ's that I want to try, too.

2 comments:

  1. Just as a heads up- these pita chips are in fact Stacy's Pita Chips. There's a bunch of TJ's items that are just repackaged & cheaper versions of the original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually get one of the other savory flavors, they seem to hold up well enough to hummus for me. I literally cannot buy the cinnamon sugar ones anymore- i eat the whole bag too quickly!!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete