Saturday, September 19, 2015

Trader Joe's Nectarine Slices and Trader Joe's Freestone Peach Slices




These are two brand-new items. See Trader Joe's own description of them here.

I eat a lot of frozen fruit, and most of it comes from Trader Joe's. See here, and especially here. I expected from these two new entries into the field the same kind of excellence I have come to expect from their other frozen fruits--and I was bitterly disappointed.

Caveat: I'm writing this after having eaten just one bowl of each, in order to speed an opinion to readers ASAP. But both of them were bad enough that I'm undecided whether I'll even try a second. Though there were a few good slices of each fruit, the majority were bad--hard, unripe, not sweet. The very first piece I ate from either bag was a nectarine slice, and the first thing I experienced was biting down into a large piece of pit. To use one of my father's favorite words, it was unprepossessing.

It's entirely possible that this is just a sampling problem--that by sheer bad luck I picked one bag of each item that was the rare dud, and if I went back to the store and bought more, they'd be excellent. But I'm not inclined to assume that and subject myself to more disappointment. I'll just stick to the frozen fruits that TJ's demonstrably does well: berries and cherries.

Will I buy it again? 

No.

No comments:

Post a Comment