Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Trader Joe's Bath Tissue



Trader Joe's sells two different versions of its toilet paper: regular and extra-soft. This is the former. I have not tried the latter.

In spite of being not their super-soft product, it's really nice. My regular brand has long been Cottonelle. This is every bit as nice as that, and maybe even a little bit better. Which is pretty remarkable, given its claim of being 80% post-consumer paper. (Let's just hope that it isn't 80% post-consumer toilet paper.)

How is the cost comparison? Cottonelle costs between 2.5 and 2.7 cents per square foot at Target, depending on the size of the package (i.e., the number of rolls). TJ's is 1.4 cents per square foot.

That makes TJ's just as good or better than my standard, greener, and cheaper. I believe we have a winner--and the first non-food item on the Top Ten list.

Will I buy it again? 

Many times. It is my new preferred product in this category.


No comments:

Post a Comment