Thursday, December 4, 2014

Trader Joe's flowers


In a way, it's pointless to review the flowers I bought for Nina at Trader Joe's as I would other stuff they sell. After all, there were several different types of flower groupings available in each of at least three different price points on just the day I bought these. Furthermore, the kinds of flowers and their sourcing and quality will surely vary enormously with time and with where a given TJ's store is located. So by no means do I intend for this quickie review to stand for all TJ's flowers everywhere for all time.

But on the other hand, I think it's worth one post to remind readers that TJ's does sell flowers, that they are at least as good in quality (as far as this uneducated consumer can tell) as those available at other grocery stores, and that they are very reasonably priced. The bundle above cost $3.99. Unless they dies in less than three days, which seems unlikely, that's a real bargain. (The vase is one I had bought at a local thrift store previously for just such occasions.)

I'm lucky that Nina is practical and frugal. She likes flowers now and then as much as any woman, but she is more likely to be pleased that I didn't blow a lot of money on them than she is to be impressed that I spent a lot on her. (The kind of woman that would be happier if I spent more is not likely to have a personality I'd find appealing anyway.)

Will I buy it again? 

Yes, and you probably should, too. Somebody in your life deserves flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment