Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Trader Joe's Candy Cane Joe-Joe's



Even if you've never had these, it's pretty easy to accurately imagine what they taste like. Take Oreos, grind up some candy canes, and mix the resulting bits into the Oreo filling. Erase any reference to "Oreo" or "Nabisco" on the packaging, and you've got yourself Candy Cane Joe-Joe's. Which means that you already know in advance if you're going to like these. You don't need my opinion.

I liked them, of course, but I think more for the novelty than for the thing itself. I've eaten about half of the package (not all at once) as I write this, and I think that given a choice, I'd take plain Oreos. Or plain Joe-Joe's. (I have not tried plain Joe-Joe's yet, but I have a pretty good idea of what they'd be like just by mentally subtracting the peppermint from these cookies.)

Maybe I'm a freakazoid, but I was also bothered by the texture of the candy cane pieces. I keep feeling like there is ground glass in my cookies. It feels wrong to be grinding it into my teeth.

Will I buy it again? 

I don't think so. Judging from the excited reaction of people on Twitter to the reappearance of these seasonal cookies in stores, I may be the only one on earth who doesn't want more of them.


Nina's View

I don't have a view, because Bob ate all of them before I had a chance to try them. I think I would probably like them. But we may never know.

Life is cruel.

No comments:

Post a Comment