Sunday, December 28, 2014

Trader Joe's Peanutters Peanut Butter Cookies



Oh, Trader Joe's! How can you make your ginger snaps so wonderful, and these so terrible?

They are almost completely lacking in peanut flavor, leaning much more heavily to tasting like butter cookies. They are unforgivably brittle, falling apart in the tub and in one's hand. They are oily. The "peanut flavored chips" are--well, I'm not sure what they are, but they are nasty in both texture and taste.

A complete fail on every count.

Will I buy it again? 

I love peanut butter cookies. But since I don't consider these to actually be peanut butter cookies, it's easy to turn my back on them forever.


Addendum 

After writing the above, I couldn't decide what to do with the 95% of the tub of cookies I had left over. It finally dawned on me that I could, for the first time, try Trader Joe's vaunted no-questions-asked refund policy. So I took the tub of cookies to the customer service desk the next time I went shopping. True to their word, I just said, "I didn't like these at all," and the clerk apologized and whipped off a voucher for store credit, which I presented when I checked out with my purchases. I had the receipt, but didn't even need it. Fast, easy, painless.


Nina's View

No. Just no.

They are not nice. Oily sawdust nuggets would probably be tastier.

Do not buy them.

I would gladly slave over a hot stove all day (and by "all day" I mean about half an hour) to produce my own peanut cookies, if it meant that this product would never again see the light of day.


1 comment:

  1. I actually really liked these. I loved the peanut chips inside also. I wish they came in a smaller container, because these large cookie containers are way too big for me, no matter what cookie is inside...

    ReplyDelete