Monday, February 29, 2016

Trader Joe's Convivial Cookie Collection



This new product came on board (see what I did there?) in January. See TJ's introduction to it here. You get 24 cookies for $2.99. As you might guess from the cover picture, they're not all the same. You get just a few of each of seven different cookies. Five of them have chocolate.

My reactions to the seven ranged from "pretty good" down to "not so good." None was outstanding. None was even good enough that I'd go out of my way to buy a box full of it if it were packaged separately. I thought the best were the one sprinkled with coconut (the train wheels above), and the one with the knight piece.

For the latter, it's hard not to wonder if its appearance is TJ's thumbing its nose at Pepperidge Farm's "Chessmen" cookies, as a response to Pepperidge Farms's silly trademark-infringement lawsuit. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.




Will I buy it again? 

No.

No comments:

Post a Comment