Saturday, February 13, 2016

Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Mini Heart Cookies



Here's another Valentine's Day special product.

I had anticipated regular shortbread cookies, with an exterior coating of dark chocolate. I was surprised to find that the cookie itself is chocolate--chocolate shortbread, which I didn't even know was a thing.

After recalibrating my expectations, I liked them. Good flavor, nice little crunchy sprinkles. Their size and richness make it easy to have just a few and feel like you've eaten plenty.


Will I buy it again? 

Probably not. I did like them, but my life is overflowing with chocolate things already. I don't need to add another.

2 comments:

  1. I loved these! I also didn't expect chocolate shortbread yet really liked it. They're rich enough to be happy with just a couple for dessert.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific review of a great product! I agree with you entirely. Thanks for making more people aware of them.

    ReplyDelete