Saturday, February 6, 2016

Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Filled With Speculoos Cookie Spread



This is my first encounter with the much-heralded Speculoos cookie spread in any of its several forms. I now get why it's called "cookie spread": it tastes a lot like cookie dough. I'm still fuzzy on the "Speculoos" part, though.

It works well enough as a chocolate filling--rather like nougat. But it's so mild that I had to scoop some out and taste it separately from the chocolate in order to discern the cookie-like flavor. Certainly nothing about the experience explained to me why people go ga-ga over Speculoos. Perhaps use as a chocolate bar filler does not show it off to best advantage.


Will I buy it again? 

I won't rule it out completely, but I'm inclined not to. I enjoy so many other chocolate things more than these that they probably won't make the cut in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment