Monday, February 1, 2016

Trader Joe's Low Fat Sprouted Whole Wheat Fiber Bread



Once again, I had to make a difficult editorial decision about what the name of the product actually is. It looks like "100% Whole Wheat" should be part of it, but then you end up with "whole wheat" twice, which sounds weird.

Anyway, this is superior bread, despite my initial misgivings. I wasn't thrilled about the presence of raisins and dates. I like raisins, but if they're in bread it should be with cinnamon, and then the bread's no good for things like peanut butter sandwiches. And I don't much care for dates--except, of course, those that I have with Nina. (Sorry, but I've got to try to rack up the boyfriend points where I can.) Here, though, both elements are minced so fine that I got through the whole loaf without ever detecting them. They seem to contribute more to a general chewiness than flavor per se.

I think this stuff is nearly as good as the best TJ's bread, the odd but wonderful Flourless Sprouted Whole Wheat Berry Bread. In fact, going just by memory, I'd have a hard time telling the two apart. Perhaps I should do a side-by-side comparison at some point. In the meantime, go try either of the two for yourself.


Will I buy it again? 

Yep.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I'm just starting my journey on shopping at trader joe's. I wanted to know what I should buy 1st. Your blog is FANTASTIC! Thank you for having this! I'm going to continue to follow you and what you both like! I'm going to TJ this week and getting some chips, salsa, mac & cheese, and spinach tortellini!

    ReplyDelete