Monday, June 13, 2016

Trader Joe's Mango Joe-Joe's



This is Day 16 of an extremely extended New Products Week, and Day Six of Mangopalooza. 


I was dubious about this product. I didn't think that mango was a good flavor to impose on this type of cookie.

I was right. It isn't.

Both the cookie and the middle are mango-flavored. It's OK in the cookie, because it's very mild, toned way down. That's a minor problem, because there is little here to disguise the flouriness--unlike when they're chocolate.

But the real problem is the filling. It's disgustingly sweet. There's something I find jarring about the flavor of mango (which is real, achieved by the use of "mango puree") mixed with tons of sugar, as it is here.

If I just bite into the cookie so that I get proportional quantities of cookie and filling, they're tolerable. But when I try to eat the components separately, the filling is, to me, intolerable. I had four of them last night, and was left with no desire to consume more--which is a huge departure from my usual feeling after eating four such cookies.

I haven't yet decided whether I'll slowly work my way through the rest of the box, or just give up and return them for a refund.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

2 comments:

  1. Another case for the Apostrophe Redistribution Squad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Junk banter loved these! Different strokes, eh?

    ReplyDelete