Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Trader Joe's Mango Coconut Flavored Caramel Corn


This is Day 18 of a ridiculously overextended New Products Week, and Day Nine of Mangopalooza. 


They got the name of this product wrong. It should be Coconut Mango Caramel Corn. Open the bag, and coconut wafts out at you. Crunch down on a piece, and it's coconut and caramel. The mango only kicks in as an aftertaste. Which is fine with me, but if you expect to be walloped by mango, this stuff is going to disappoint.

I don't like it as much as the regular Caramel Popcorn (a Top Ten item), but it's pretty good, and unlike any treat I've had before.


Will I buy it again? 

No. I recommend trying it once, because I suspect you won't have many opportunities at such an unusual thing in your life. But for me, anyway, once was enough.



Nina's View


Given my lack of enthusiasm about most things mango, you'd think this would have not worked for me. But it did. The mango contribution was minimal and mild and the rest of it was pretty darn tasty.


No comments:

Post a Comment