Saturday, June 18, 2016

Trader Joe's Tropical Mango Complete Salad Kit



This is OMG Day 21 of New Products Week, and Day 12 of Mangopalooza. 


The salad base here is acceptable, though I would prefer the lettuce:spinach ratio to be higher. (The exact contents apparently vary depending on what's available, so YMMV.)

Two extra packets are included. One has dried mango chunks, dried coconut flakes, and chopped cashews. The other has a salad dressing that the bag says is a "mango tamarind dressing." It's pretty decent.

Nothing about this is too mango-y or too sweet for a salad. At the same time, nothing about it is especially creative or desirable.


Will I buy it again? 

No. I didn't mind it in my first two servings, and I'll finish off the bag without complaint. But I just don't like it as much as any of my usual salad blends.

No comments:

Post a Comment