Sunday, June 12, 2016

Trader Joe's Organic Mango Lemonade



This is Day 15 of an extended New Products Week, and Day Six of Mangopalooza. 


At my first sip, I thought, "They've made a terrible mistake. This is apricot nectar." It wasn't, but somehow the combination of mango and lemon made me think that. As I concentrated to try to break down what I was tasting, I could identify separate mango and lemon, but anytime I'm reading or doing something else when a swallow goes down, it still registers as apricot. Weird.

Overall, this stuff is a cut above the "melted lollipops" disgusting sweetness that is the downfall of so many of TJ's big-jug juice blends, but it still rates just a "meh." Sugar is the second ingredient, after mango puree, and it shows. Of course sugar is always going to be a major component in anything that calls itself "lemonade," but it can be and should be done more subtly than it is here.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

No comments:

Post a Comment