Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Trader Joe's Vegetable Panang Curry With Jasmine Rice



Everything about this is just OK, with no features that are either outstanding or terrible. Makes for a decent fast meal in a pinch, and you won't hate yourself, but you well might think with every bite, "I wish I had something better." If I went to an Thai restaurant and had this served to me, I wouldn't go back. But for something that you can have from freezer to microwave to plate in less than five minutes, it'll do.

It's a very generous serving for one (the designated amount on the box), but probably would not be enough for a main dish for two.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

4 comments:

  1. One was enough for me too. I didn't feel like the high fat/sodium/sugar was "worth it" for basically veggies and rice with some sauce.
    The vegan tikka masala is still a lot of fat/sodium but it's really delicious, i add the hot dish to a bowl of fresh baby spinach and it's become a semi regular purchase
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this for lunch yesterday. Didn’t love it. Had an artificial coconut after taste.
    -Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to point out that panang curry is Thai, not Indian!

    ReplyDelete