Thursday, November 23, 2017

Trader Joe's Veggies & Greens Salad Kit


I was about to describe this, but you can just read on the front of the package what's in it. It's all chopped, mostly quite finely, so if you like big leaves and hunks of veggies in your salad, you're out of luck. (The leaves pictured on the package are a lie.)

The bag contains three small bags, in addition to the main contents. These contain the dressing, the pistachios, and the "dried pear crumbles."

Put together, it makes for a rather interesting salad. I've never had either dried pears or pistachios on a salad, let alone both at once. But it was too heavy in kale and Brussels sprouts for my taste. Nina, however, liked it a lot--except for the honey-ginger dressing, which, predictably, she found too sweet. I, predictably, thought that was the best part.


Will I buy it again? 

No, but I'm not sorry I tried it. I started this as a side salad for a dinner with Nina, and finished the bag on my own over the next few days. Which means that I didn't dislike it so much that I threw it out, or returned it to the store, or gave it to Nina to finish (all of which are things I routinely do when I hate a TJ's product).

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to love this but was not into the pear crumbles and also that dressing was too sweet for me too... aka no reason to repurchase. Actually if i had read the package closely before buying i don't think i would have picked it up.

    I liked the greens mix well enough, especially as a massaged salad (with my own dressing) and i sauteed the leftovers for a quick side dish. Going back to the cruciferous crunch blend and adding my own nuts and dressing...
    ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete