Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Opal apples


I confess that I was suckered in by the label description of these apples as a new variety "with exceptional flavor." They are not. There's nothing wrong with them, but also nothing exceptional about them.

Will I buy it again? 

No. It was a stretch getting this many at once, as it exhausted my interested in eating apples before the bag was empty. I'll go back to buying a few at a time--honeycrisp, gala, Fuji, Rome, or whatever.


Nina's View

My first take on this apple was "nothing special." But then something weird happened: I got a very strong sense-memory of it being quite delicious. I cannot account for this. There is some strange marketing hypno-voodooism going on, I suspect, because I actually want to have another one.

Subliminal messages? Brain-altering chemicals? You be the judge!

No comments:

Post a Comment