Thursday, June 11, 2015

Trader Joe's Original Savory Thins


And today's random pick from the Trader Joe's cracker aisle is (drum roll, please)... Savory Thins!

These had a nice, delicate texture yet held up well to scooping up some really thick hummus. So far so good. However, they had a strong, borderline bitter taste, the origin of which I could not pinpoint even after scrutinizing the list of ingredients. I can't figure out what caused them to taste bad (IMHO), but there was something off. Rice meal is the main constituent, which shouldn't be a problem for me. Maybe the sesame flour? Dunno. I'm stumped.

Will I buy them again? 

No way.


Nina's View

Okay, here's the bottom line. Bob is a good man. We have been together for nearly six years. He is not perfect, but then neither am I. Most relationships require some degree of negotiation and compromise—I both accept and embrace that premise.

That said, in this case I cannot fathom how my boyfriend can be so totally and completely wrong about something. WRONG I TELL YOU.

These are wonderful. They have a great texture and a nice rice-sesame flavor. I think they would go nicely with just about any savory appetizer or snack. I am at a loss as to why Bob does not like them. Really, I just cannot figure out what could possibly be objectionable about them.

They are delicious. Go buy some.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe Bob needs to try the New and Improved Savory Thins, rather than these Originals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you noticed how Trader Joe's never names a product "Unoriginal"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! what is the price of one package of these?

    ReplyDelete