Friday, June 12, 2015

Trader Joe's Chicken, Barley & Vegetable Soup




This is the fourth of TJ's refrigerated soups reviewed here, after vegetablepea, and gazpacho.

I'll admit that this one is more flavorful than the others, though still on the bland side, as per TJ's company policy. But the balance of ingredients was all wrong. Too little chicken, barley, beans, peas, broccoli, and carrots (i.e., the stuff that I like), too much squash, onion, and celery (i.e., the stuff that I don't like). If they'd just let me fiddle with the ingredients ratio, they'd have a major winner on their hands here.

Will I buy it again? 

No.

2 comments:

  1. Although not fresh, the boxed chicken noodle soup is very good, and a pantry staple for us throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I liked that, too. See: http://exploringtraderjoes.blogspot.com/2015/02/trader-joes-chicken-noodle-soup-with.html

    ReplyDelete