Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Trader Joe's Cookie Thins--Toasted Coconut



Special note: This is Day 4 of Coconut Week, seven consecutive days of reviews of Trader Joe's products that are coconut-based. 



When I bought the Meyer Lemon flavor of TJ's Cookie Thins, and found them so delicious, I immediately knew that I had to try the other two flavors from the same line--coconut and ginger. I bought both; this is the first of the two I have tried.

My first impression was that they're good, but not quite as good as the lemon. But then I kept eating them, and loving them more and more. I have now finished one of the two stacks, after having them on three separate occasions, and I'm prepared to revise my initial assessment. These are even better than the lemon.

The coconut flavor is strong, without being overpowering. They are a little bit sweet, without falling into the common TJ's trap of going overboard with the sweetness. They are pleasingly thin and delicate.

So that does it: onto my Top Ten list they go. I can't resist canonizing anything this scrumptious.

Will I buy it again? 

If it ever becomes legal, I will marry these cookies.

2 comments:

  1. I tried the Toasted Coconut Thins and liked them, but personally would consider the Meyer Lemon Thins as more worthy of the Top 10 designation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I revise my previous review on these - they are addictive. You were absolutely correct in saying that they taste neyter the more of them that you eat!

    ReplyDelete